Loropetalum, also called Chinese fringe flowers, are evergreen, multi-stemmed shrubs of broadleaf variety that are most well-known for their delicate, fragrant blooms. Aside from their frilly flowers, the foliage of Loropetalum is also of interest, changing colors throughout the year from hues of red to deep green. Plant these medium to fast growing shrubs in the fall for clusters of subtly fragrant flowers in the spring.
PLEASE NOTE: We have a $100.00 MINIMUM ORDER on products or a combination of products for delivery. All customers must fill out the DELIVERY AGREEMENT FORM prior to any product deliveries.
- Common Name: Chinese fringe flower, Loropetalum
- Botanical Name: Loropetalum chinense
- Family: Hamamelidaceae (witch hazel)
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Mature Size: 6 ft. to 15 ft. tall
- Sun Exposure: Sun, part shade
- Soil Type: Well-draining
- Soil pH: Acidic, neutral
- Bloom Time: Spring
- Flower Color: Pink, red, white, yellow-white (depending on type)
- Hardiness: Zones 7-10 (USDA)
- Native Area: China, Japan